This variety is most popular with customers in Southern Europe where it is well adapted to the warm climate. A widely grown raspberry cane, particularly in Spain and Portugal, Glen Lyon produces good yields of quality fruit mainly destined for markets in other parts of Western Europe.
Working closely with the head licence holders Mylnefield Research Services (MRS), as well as Eurosemillas, the company responsible for controlling the variety in Spain/Portugal, Hargreaves Plants is ideally placed to provide the best possible high health plant material.
Key to this process is the ability to offer only the cleanest stock, involving the following methods:
- Best access to virus-tested materal
- Tissue culture laboratory for rapid multiplication
- Latest techniques for potted plant and long cane production
The best quality raspberry plants are always in very short supply, but the following plants types are avaiable to those Spanish/Portuguese growers who have signed the new licence, subject to confirmation from Eurosemillas and MRS:
- Cold stored roots for the establishment of new plantations
- Bare root long canes for immediate fruit production
- Bare root standard canes for limited fruit production and the establishment of high health nursery stock
- Potted module plants from micropropagation for multiplication
All of the above plant types originate from virus-free, tested material.
To register your interest in the healthiest Glen Lyon plant material from Hargreaves Plants, make contact with Jamie Petchell in one of the following ways:
Tel: +44 (0)1406 366300
Fax: +44 (0)1046 366321